Monday, March 23, 2015

Tick Tock (Week 79)

Time is... surreal. Our mortal memory is so short time just seems to fly. Looking back everything looks like a blur. A really constructive refining blur.

This week marks 18 months on my mission which just seems unfathomable to me. I've been doing a lot of reflecting. A ton of amazing miracles have happened over the last year and half. All I can say is the restored gospel is amazing and I love sharing it. Our potential as God's children is limitless. I learn something new everyday!

For church we had six investigators and nine less-active members come... and the whole Blackwell branch combined with us for services because their building is being remodeled. It felt like a packed house. It was a wonderful Sabbath day. Karri was there, the whole S~ family was there (except the mom), and one of the H~'s kids was there with her "Super G-ma". I am so excited for the S~ family it seemed like everything was falling apart for them over the past month and now all the pieces are starting to fit together again. The church is true, it fixes family problems. This week we are going to set a date with them for all four of the kids to be baptized. Zander the youngest is turning eight this coming month. We are hoping to help their dad become worthy so he can baptize them. We are pumped!

Karri is doing great. This morning she sent us a wonderful thank you text that brought a smile to my face. She is amazing. It has been wonderful to see her change and watch her wisdom grow. She has such a powerful testimony I know she is going to do amazing things for the Lord's kingdom. Her baptism date is set for April 23rd. I will probably get transferred at the beginning of next month but I'm sure I'll be able to get permission to attend.

Yeah... I'm not sure about getting transferred. I know it's going to happen eventually. But who knows I might stay.

Sorry this email is so short. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week in the warm weather!

Sincerely, Elder Watkins

Our members neighbor has a husky/wolf mix. Adorable

 Spring is here!

The playhouse is done! It will be donated a month from now



No comments:

Post a Comment