Friday, September 20, 2013

MTC Week 1

Things are going great! My best friend Elder Saxton was able to be my host when I got to the MTC. Everything here is crazy organized, the MTC is kind of like a spiritual boot camp. When I got all of my paperwork and folders, Elder Saxton showed me who my companion was which read, Elder Bueno, Jaden. Which was really cool considering that him and I both went to high school together. After I got all of my papers I said goodbye to Elder Saxton and boarded a bus which took me to West Campus, which is the new part of the MTC. Unfortunately Elder Saxton was called to main Campus so I wouldn't really get to speak with him any time soon. The new part of the MTC is really nice, and kind of spoiled. Elder Saxton was a little jealous when he read what part of the MTC I was called to. The main reason being that we get free ice cream and we are able to get Jamba Juice. 

I've had an amazing experience so far, and I won't lie it has not been easy. Waking up early has been the easiest part surprisingly. The power of the Lord is strong. My companion Elder Bueno is awesome, and we have hit it off really well. Today we get to teach our first investigator, which is exciting and nerve-racking, but I think we are ready. 

I am shocked on how much I've already learned, and each day being a new and powerful experience. We have the greatest branch president. Last night he gave one of the greatest morale boosting lectures I have heard so far. He reminded me of Jeffrey R. Holland, a spiritual coach. Last night the Spirit was so strong and I feel like I will be a great missionary now more than ever. 

Today (Friday) we woke up at 5:30 to do grounds cleaning service, which was. It's crazy how many Lone Peak graduates are here right now, especially since my companion is one. Things are going good and sorry this letter is all over the place, we have learned so much and I can't really think straight. Also I'm sorry there aren't any photos yet, the computers here are a bit different.

Thank you for your letters.

Kia Ngawari,  Elder Watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment