Monday, April 6, 2015

Hello Duncan! (Week 81)

Well I'm here. I arrived in Duncan and I'm now with Elder Hoopes who is from Wyoming. I am serving in Duncan North that is divided on Elder Street with two other Elders serving in the south. We have a small district of four Elders. It's different.

So I was super confused when I got here because I was originally suppose to serve in Duncan North but I was told I was changed to Duncan South, because Elder H~ and Q~ had already been companions. So I became companions with Elder Hoopes and was told that we were in the south, but because Duncan central got removed they switch the north area with the south. I am now in the area I was originally intended to serve in, Duncan North. So if that made no sense to you that's fine because it's nearly impossible to explain the full story. I guess it really just comes down to the Lord needs me in the Duncan north area.

My last full day in Ponca City was wonderful. I got a ton of pictures with the families I served with and the individuals I taught. Okay so story time, me and Elder Matthews were making our last visit of the night with the Snelding family and we were running late into the night, about 9:30. As we were leaving to make a 10 minute bike ride home I felt like we should swing over to Miranda and Matt to say goodbye. It was super late but I kept thinking about them. So me and Elder Matthews swung by and it turned out Matt's back pain was so bad he couldn't move and he wanted a blessing. It was his first time getting a blessing and he needed one bad. Elder Matthews anointed and I sealed it with a priesthood blessing. The spirit was so strong and my heart was filled with gratitude for the promptings of the holy ghost. If we listen we will be guided to where we need to be at the time we are
needed. Shout out to Miranda I know you are reading this, You are awesome!

I loved President Eyring's general conference talk on being Spiritually prepared (priesthood session). It taught so many wonderful points on how to minister as Christ would. Praying for the spirit and listening are key. God is always trying to communicate with us we just have to listen.

Duncan's going to require some hard work but it is going to be so much fun. Me and elder Hoopes are going to "Dunk Duncan". Okay I had to I couldn't resist. We have an awesome ward mission leader and a lot of prospective/RM elder and sister missionaries. I am excited to serve here.

I love you all! I hope you had a wonderful Easter Conference as I did. :)

Sincerely, Elder Watkins

My real address is:
1710 W Plato. Rd. Apt 1105
Duncan, OK 73533

If you sent anything to the Apt 208 address the other Elders will forward it to me.


 The Duncan District. Elder Hoopes is on the far right.

Matt and Miranda. You won't find too many people as awesome as them. :)

Me and Brother Pyne

The BK Crew. These men are awesome, they would come out with us once or twice a week to teach with us.

The Stephens. Baptism date for the 18th!

The Barillueax's

Mark our Polish investigator with his son cherishing the Book of Mormon :)

Me and Joseph

Me and Elder Corbin. This is his last transfer :(

The fish I caught on p-day :)

The Snelding family from Ponca City








1 comment:

  1. I am pretty dang awesome arent I? my husband needs a haircut though.

    ReplyDelete